Can you that believe we're more than halfway into 2018?
Between lots of singing and teaching, new business adventures, travel, checking off bucket list items, and quality family/friend time, it’s been a pretty terrific year so far. I hope you feel the same way in your own little corner!
For the past year or so, I’ve become a bit obsessed with paper planners. Getting ever more intentional about planning, tracking and reflecting on my life is a routine that brings so much joy and calm to my heart and mind.
This year I started to use a tool called PowerSheets to map out my goals for each month and have found that keeping it front and center on my desk is a lifesaver!
The key element of Lara Casey’s Cultivate What Matters PowerSheets is a monthly page called the Tending List that asks you to write down your monthly, weekly and daily goals.
While the weekly and daily goals sometimes allude me, the monthly tending list really helps me to prioritize and focus on what is most important.
These summer months are light, as school is out and I am headed off to the beach and Europe for vacation. Still, thought it would be fun to start sharing my monthly goals with you.
Here's what's on my list for July:
- Prepare for and enjoy gig at the Frick Pittsburgh (Done!)
- Go to the drive-in (Done! We saw "Jurassic World.")
- Pack for the beach and Europe (In progress - all packed for the beach and and semi-packed for Europe)
- Plan Paris itinerary: Where should I go? I'm definitely taking suggestions!
- Choose Paris photographer: Do you have any recommendations?
- Read Book of the Month Club summer beach reads: These have really piled up and I'm so excited to make a big dent in my TBR list!
- Savor time at the beach and rest
- Celebrate my time with Nana and the rest of my family
- Enjoy food in France and still feed good: I’ve been gluten-free since January, so I’m a little nervous about finding that sweet spot of moderation in France...
- Document my time in Paris well (photos, journaling, etc.)
- Look into possible venues in France - What are some good cabaret spots?
- Practice my French
- Create an online class (I don’t want to share what it is just yet, but I’m in the middle of creating and testing the framework. Eeeee!!)
What is on your list for July? Share a goal in the comments below - I’d love to hear what you’re creating this month!